Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Poppyseed Dressing

1/2 C Sugar (I use 1/4 C Truvia baking blend)
1 tsp grated onion (or 1/4 tsp onion powder)
1/2 tsp salt
1 C Canola oil
1/3 C Apple cider vinegar
1 tsp Dry mustard
3/4 tsp Poppy seeds

Mix all ingredients except oil in food processor (I use a blender).  Add oil a few tablespoons at a time blending really well between batches, until all oil is added.

Note: I have found that if I add the oil in smaller increments and mix it a long time it makes the dressing really thick.  What works best for me is to add it in 1/3 cup increments and just pulse the blender a few times with each 1/3.

I like to add toasted, sugared almonds, cranberries and Parmesan cheese to my salad.  Also, the Brazilian cheese rolls go really well with this salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment