Sunday, March 9, 2014

Texas Sheet Cake

This is a recipe that I got from my Faria family.  I make it for Michael every year on his birthday.  I love it so much!!

Texas Sheet Cake-
Step One:
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
*Stir together in a mixing bowl and set aside.

Step Two:
2 cubes margarine
1 cup water
6 Tbsp. cocoa
*Put in sauce pan, bring to a boil and remove from heat

Step Three:
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream or cream cheese
1 tsp. baking soda
*Mix together

Add steps 2 and 3 to step 1 alternately.  Beat until well mixed.  Place in a greased a floured sheet cake pan (cookie sheet) and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

Frosting-
Bring to a boil:
1 cube margarine
6 Tbsp. milk
4 Tbsp. cocoa

Add:
1 box (3 1/2 cups) powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup nuts

Beat well.  Spread while warm onto warm cake.

I use walnuts, and I wish I had used more! It's hard to spread them out evenly over the cake because the frosting is pretty liquidy.  But it is oh so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment